The Youth in Development (YID) boot camp and fellowship program, launched in 2019, provides civic leaders with skills and tools to start and effectively lead social change initiatives. The Youth in Development is a program organized and implemented by Impact Toolbox and Sozo Networks. It provides young leaders with the much-needed information, skills, and networks required to start and sustain high-impact and viable social ventures.
This opportunity is open to:
- Participants from the 2021 Youth in Development boot camp, who must have been in attendance for up to 70% of the duration of the boot camp
- Individuals specially referred to apply by an Impact Toolbox venture Scout.
- Young leaders of ages 18 to 35 years who must have had at least one year verifiable social impact experience
- Participation in the various post-boot-camp surveys, step-down programs, and other feedback programs.
- Available for participation in the May-August fellowship program
- Kindly send the three requirements below as an email attachment to email@example.com.
- Cover letter as the mail body: The cover letter should introduce you, tell us what you do and the skills you have. It should include your social media handles (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram)
- A 3-minute Pitch: The pitch should be precise and straightforward. It should not exceed 3 minutes. Upload your video pitch on Youtube and place the link at the end of your venture memo
- Your venture memo as an attachment: The venture memo should include the following: An overview of your organization, the history of your organization, the problem your organization has identified, the gap(s) that you have identified, literature review, the solution you are proposing, competition mapping, unique value proposition, implementation timeline, funding history (if any), the social impact of your solution, your 6-month to 12-month financial and impact forecast, team members, advisors, and contact information.
- Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
- Only successful applicants will be notified.
- Your venture memo should reflect the application of what you have learned from the boot camp.
- Plagiarizing is a ground for automatic rejection.
DEADLINE: 2nd April 2021
- Network with young African leader from across the continent
- Free access to over $1200 worth of online courses on Impact Toolbox
- Opportunity to pitch for up to $3000 seed funding
- Exclusive mentorship and one-on-one strategy sessions
- The Sozo Networks and her partners do NOT pay monthly stipends to fellows.
The Sozo Networks implement the preceding boot camp. Learn more about the boot camp