The viability of a social venture is dependent on factors that are more practical than the passion and motivation behind its existence. Strategic plans are practical, coherent and hopefully detailed roadmaps for achieving the goals of a social venture. Such plans will incorporate outlines of the organization’s goals and provide directions on achieving these goals.
This training emphasizes the need for a knowledge-based understanding of the various aspects of strategic planning; The course includes readings and guidelines. These readings explain various aspects of strategic planning and guidance on applying this knowledge in planning for the future of your social ventures. This course is relevant to entrepreneurs with a social, environmental or nonprofit focus and looking to create structure and long-term plans.
Segun Fatudimu facilitates the course. It contains five (5) modules that can be completed in 6 hours. You can complete this course in two (2) weeks if you spend 30 mins on the course per day.
- Lectures 20
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 weeks
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 532
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
- Module one: Introduction
- Socio-economic development : Understanding your role in the big picture
- What is strategic planning ?
- Optional Reading: Five things Strategic Planning is Not
- Human Centered Design and the Strategic Planning Process
- Strategic planning starts with identifying the needs or problems
- Creating Divergent Solutions to the needs/problems
- Module Two: Essential Components of a Strategic Plan
- Module Three: Solution Analysis & Project Prioritization
- Module Four: Aligning Strategic Plans to the SDGs
- Module Five: Theory of change (Bringing it all together)
- Final Assessment