Enthusiasm for social changes is universal. However, it takes knowledge, practice and experience to be an exceptional social entrepreneur. This course presents examples of social entrepreneurship to confront problems (from the public, private and not-for-profit sectors). In this course, we have used several examples from traditional entrepreneurs, social change agents, and advocates to break down social entrepreneurship basics for the comprehension of a dynamic audience.
This training will teach you how to develop your ideas and solutions into a social enterprise. This course has been designed to help you achieve the following:
- Understand social entrepreneurship and its ecosystems
- See examples of social entrepreneurship in action through case studies
- Understand the steps required for launching your social enterprise
- Develop a business model for your ideas.
The training is facilitated by Erich Schlenker (Director, Transportation Insight Entrepreneurship Center at Appalachian State University), Gabriel Ally (Obama Foundation Leader and Founder of GezaJozi, South Africa), Adepeju Jaiyeoba (Founder of Mother’s Delivery Kit and Brown Button Foundation), and Karl Satinitigan (Obama Foundation Scholar and Strategy Director, WeSolve).
Components and Duration: The training consists of six (6) videos, two (2) podcasts, three readings, and three assignments. It takes about two weeks of 30 minutes per day to complete this course.
Let’s dig in!
Module 1: Introduction
Module 3: Developing a business model for your venture
- Video: Introduction to Business Model Development for Social Ventures by Karl Satinitigan (Strategy Director, WeSolve, Philippines)
- Video: Types of Business Models by Karl Satinitigan (Strategy Director, WeSolve)
- Video: The Business Model Canvas by Karl Satinitigan (Strategy Director, WeSolve, Philippines)
- Reading: Examples of Business Models for Social Enterprise by Akina, New Zealand
- Video: Business Modeling – A Practice Session with Karl Satinitigan (Strategy Director, WeSolve, Philippines)
Thank you so much Impact Toolbox for creating these amazing courses that one can apply in real time and see results from. I t has been an awesome experience, and I hope to collaborate and support your organization in the on going future.
The course was really insightful and straightforward. I could not believe I could score that high. More importantly, I learned so much from all the facilitators. It was such a practical course for me.
This course has been insightful so far. You get to know practical effective ways of mapping out a good competitive analysis and how to put forward an attractive value proposition for your enterprise. You will also be able to know if your intended social enterprise will be scalable or not.
The content was great and directly communicating with us as entrepreneurs, very insightful and proper layout but the time you are taking to grade the work is sometimes too long before we get your feedback on our course work and tests. Thank you
Great course and brain racking. Owning a successful business demands a lot of research and awareness.