This course is for social entrepreneurs that have developed their MVPs and found market fit. This means you have a prototype. You have identified your products’ early adopters, created a financial model and understood your business drivers. It also means that you are certain that your company or organization will be profitable or sustainable based on your financial model and understanding of the market and business drivers.
After meeting all of the above requirements, the next step is to pitch to investors to raise the needed capital to take your product to market.
In this short course you will achieve the following:
- Understand how investors think.
- Learn what gets investors excited about a new product or idea.
- Understand the different stages that Ideas will go through before getting funded.
- Explore other supports provided by investors beyond funding.
- Learn how to build strong relationships with investors.
- Master Essential Components of an Effective Pitch Deck.
- Be competent in best practices in pitching to Investors.
This course contains five (5) short videos, one reading, five (5) links to external resources and one final assignment and can be completed in one week. It is facilitated by Jeff Stine, the Managing Director of Vested World, a venture capital that invests in early-stage social enterprise in Africa and Shazeeb M Khairul Islam, founder and executive director of YY ventures.
- Lectures 18
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level Intermediate
- Students 696
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
- Understanding Investors - An Investor Perspective by Jeff Stein of Vested World
- Extra Materials