This course is for social entrepreneurs that have developed a minimal viable product and found market fit. This means you have a product, program or service to pitch to investors. You have identified your early adopters, created a financial model and understood your business drivers and the market and business drivers. After meeting all of the above requirements, the next step is to pitch to investors to raise the needed capital to take your product to market.
In this short course, you will achieve the following
- Understand how investors think.
- Learn what gets investors excited about a new product or idea.
- Understand the different stages that Ideas will go through before getting funded.
- Explore other supports provided by investors beyond funding.
- Learn how to build strong relationships with investors.
- Master Essential Components of an Effective Pitch Deck.
- Be competent in best practices in pitching to Investors.
Facilitators are Jeff Stine, the Managing Director of Vested World, a venture capital that invests in early-stage social enterprise in Africa and Shazeeb M Khairul Islam, founder and executive director of YY ventures.
Course Format and Duration
This course contains five (5) short videos, one reading, five (5) links to external resources, and one final assignment you can complete in two weeks.
Understanding Investors - An Investor Perspective by Jeff Stein of Vested World