This course is designed for social entrepreneurs and non-profit executives. It offers practical modules on creating the materials that you need for fundraising. It provides insights into developing effective pitch decks and compelling grant proposals.
Developing a compelling pitch deck and writing a successful grant proposal is not a superpower and consists of amenable skills to scientific research and experiential learning. It requires basic know-how, subject knowledge, writing proficiency, research skills, creativity, organizational ability, patience, and luck. You would have learnt the essential components of a pitch deck, honed your grant writing skills and created a grant proposal by the end of this practical course.
In this short course, you will achieve the following:
- Understand how investors and funders think.
- Learn what gets investors excited about services, projects, products or ideas.
- Understand the different stages a venture or project will go through before funding.
- Explore other supports provided by investors beyond funding.
- Learn how to build strong relationships with investors and grantmakers.
- Master essential components of an effective pitch deck and grant proposal.
Please Note: This course requires a real or hypothetical social enterprise idea for the pitch deck and a project idea for the grant proposal aspect of the course.
The course is facilitated by Professor Jesse Lutabingwa (Associate Vice Chancellor, Office of International Education and Development, Appalachian State University, Boone, North Carolina, U.S.A), Segun Fatudimu (Impact Toolbox) and Omotola Akinsola (Lead Consultant at The Funding Magnet), Jeff Stine, the Managing Director of Vested World, a venture capital that invests in early-stage social enterprise in Africa and Shazeeb M Khairul Islam, founder and executive director of YY ventures.
Module One: Introduction
Module Two: Understanding Investors - An Investor Perspective by Jeff Stein of Vested World
Developing Components of a Grant Proposal
- Video: Introduction to grant writing
- Video:Components of a grant proposal & best practices
- Writing the problem statement
- Developing the proposal Idea
- Video: Defining & writing clear goals and objectives
- Video:Developing project activities
- Reading: Writing a monitoring and evaluation plan
- Video: Crafting organization capacity statement
- Video: Developing sustainability strategies
- Video:Stages of budget development
- Video: Preparing a budget
- Video: Alternative funding strategies outside of grants
- Post-proposal submission tips – you will not see in any book
This lesson was really Insightful. Thank you so much Impact Toolbox!
Very insightful, definitely helped me make a better pitch deck