Sustainable development has become a famous catchphrase for international development organizations and aid agencies, a communication lingo for development stakeholders and a catchy topic for conferences and academic papers. Sustainable development risks becoming just a cliche without scholars’ and practitioners’ understanding of the concept and its implications for human development. While so much literature has covered this topic, Mensah (2019) further argues that sustainable development’s global and human development implications are still not well understood by scholars and practitioners.
This course aims to help emerging social change-makers understand the fundamentals of sustainable development and how to align their social venture’s strategy to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals. Learners will understand the following:
- Meaning of Sustainable Development, and its implications
- The pillars of sustainable development
- Sustainable development goals, targets, indicators and their interrelations
- Sustainable development funding landscape and the key players
- Why and how to align social ventures to the SDGs.
This course is facilitated by:
- Kirsten Brosbøl, Founder of 2030Beyond, Former Minister of Environment and Danish Member of Parliament.
- Dr. Segun Fatudimu, Founder and Chief Executive Officer at Impact Toolbox
Course Duration: 2 weeks.
Components: This course contains three short videos, readings and one final assessment.
The 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals
Aligning Your Venture with the SDGs
The course was excellent. I wish we will all have knowledge of SDG so that no one will not be left behind.
A very insightful course with in-depth nuggets
This course is very easy to comprehend and also serves as a guide on how one can begin their journey to contributing to the SDGs in their community.
The course was very good and construtive and contributed directly to my vission and knowlegde. well done impacttoolbox